Accounts, notifications and more answers to the most frequently asked questions!
As a workplace admin, you can choose not to allow members to create groups, public or private. And because this limitation does not apply to workplace admins, only workplace members, so workplace admins can still create groups whenever they need to.
- Public Groups │ Searchable by anyone in the workplace and are open to all members.
- Private Groups │ Unsearchable by anyone in the workplace and must be invited to join the groups.
Enable or Disable Group Creation
- Click Workplace Settings.
- Select Workplace Privacy.
- Check appropriate options in the Members Can Create Groups section.
- Public Groups │ Allow members to create public groups.
- Private Groups │ Allow members to create private groups.
- Both Turned On │ Members can freely create public or private groups.
- Both Turned Off │ Members are not allowed to create groups.
- WorkDo designed workplace, group and buddy levels for different types of collaboration, so generally speaking, we do not recommend that you disallow members from creating both public and private groups. However, if you are concerned about certain sensitive information, you may opt to disable members from creating private groups.
Who is allowed to invite new members into workplaces or groups?
Allow members to use their nickname?
Can I use the workplace level for admins only?
Can I bind the company email domain when I created the workplace using a free email domain?
What do different roles do in a workplace or group?
How to add admins to workplaces or groups?
How do I join other public groups in the workplace?
Why can’t I find groups to join?
There are a few possible reasons why you can’t find groups to join, such as workplace is not allowed to create groups, all groups are private or you are blocked by the groups.
Unable to Find Groups Troubleshoot
STEP 1 │ View Public Groups
All groups with privacy set to public will you be able to find them in the public groups and join.
Learn how to find public groups here!
STEP 2 │ Workplace Does Not Allow Creating Groups
See if your workplace allows group creation.
STEP 3 │ Check if Groups are Private
If your workplace allows creating groups and you are unable to find groups to join, it’s most likely that they are set to private or there aren’t any. Should this happen, you will need to ask workplace admins or team members to verify.
- No groups have been created │ Please ask someone for verify.
- Groups are private
01. Ask the group admins to check the privacy settings │ Go to Group Settings > Group Privacy > See whether the group has been set to private.
02. Ask a group member or admin to invite you to the group.
STEP 4 │ Blocked by Group Admins
When a member has been blocked by the group they are also unable to find it unless the group admin unblock them using the Group Settings..