Just like a real company, everybody all plays a different role to work and grow together, this concept is the same in WorkDo.
There are 3 key roles in a WorkDo workplace, and they are member, admin and owner, each with a different purpose and role to play to facilitate the running of the company.
Furthermore, with each tool, there are team members that are responsible for maintaining the settings and records other than using it, so each tool also has a tool role that limits team members’ permissions on what they can do with each tool.（Know more!）
Now let have a closer look at each of the 3 roles in WorkDo!
01 │ Member
- Employees │
- Join, leave workplaces, groups: Join workplaces, create groups, join public groups, leave groups, add buddies, join WorkDo network and use private space.
- Feature shortcuts: View all posts on the wall, personal dashboard.
- Use collaboration tools: Post announcements, create events, track task progresses, share files, vote, chat and communicate.
- Activate advanced tools: Eform application, track eform progresses.
- Account and notification settings: Change notification setting, use federated login, subscribe to an external calendar, set user DO-ID and change user password.
- Managers │ When members are assigned as managers with the HR tool, they hold the responsibility of signing off on various approvals and eforms and are allowed to view certain team and workplace data.
02 │ Admin
An admin is responsible for managing the settings of the workplace, group or between buddies. Each level could have more than one admins and they can do everything a member can on top of…
- Deleting or editing posts.
- Deleting comments.
- Managing members, including inviting, approving and removing members from workplaces and groups, as well as employee termination setting.
- Role Management
- Workplace Settings – Add admins set wall post permission, set notifications, manage employee profile information, group creation permission, payment information, insert APIs (available in the web version), etc. The workplace admin role is recommended to human resources employees and IT staff.
- Group Settings – Add admins set group privacy, invite members, remove members and set notifications.
- Buddy Settings – Set buddy information (for personal reference only).
- Activate or deactivate advanced tools and set tool roles
03 │ Owner
The owner of the workplace or group, the owner has the higheat authorization. The owner can also…
Who is the owner or admin?
- On the workplace page.
- Select a workplace, group or buddy level.
- Workplace – Click the workplace settings (Click the gear icon for the web version).
- Group – Click the Groups tab on the workplace page and hold the desired group and swipe right, click the settings (Click the gear icon for the web version).
- Buddy – Click the Buddies tab on the workplace page and hold the desired buddy and swipe right, click the settings (Click the gear icon for the web version).
- Select the Manage Admin option. The red crown is assigned to the owner, the blue crown is assigned the admin.
- The owner and admin have almost the same authority. In a way of speaking, they are both “admins”, so unless otherwise specified, in all the WorkDo documents either one can be referred to as an admin.
- Since the buddy level only has two members, both parties are admins.